Friday, April 25, 2008

The Tender Place


I haven't been there in a long time. I almost forgot where it was. I found it again. It is the place where my head lets my heart have the Truth and doesn't hog it all to itself.

I didn't really mean for my last post to be a drag or a downer. Just a little peek deeper into me. I really meant what I wrote about the Matthew passage, too. How it moved me to tears.

It started with that post this morning. Later in the evening I went to my last MOPs evening leadership meeting for the year. I had forgotten that it was going to be an evening of prayer. But God didn't. He had been preparing me for it all day.

After our business (don't you love that you can remember to spell that by knowing that it is just busy-ness?) was done our Prayer and Encouragement Coordinator led us in worship. That's as far as she got before God took over.

Worship naturally spilled out into prayer and I could hear so many of the people that I love dealing with the same issues as I have been wrestling with. God directed me back to Matthew 6 and I read it aloud as a prayer. By the end of the passage I could hardly see through my tears and could barely voice the words! It is so wonderful to grasp that my Daddy cherishes his little girl so much. So much that He promises to feed me and clothe me in splendor.

Have you been to the tender place lately? Ask your Daddy to take you there. He will.

Consider The Lillies

5 comments:

emily freeman said...

Hi Gina,
This is my first visit here...love this post. I haven't read any of your other ones yet, but I look forward to doing so. Came in through Mindless Junque. I'll be considering the lillies today.

Heather said...

It's a powerful thing that you refer to God as your Daddy. That's a scary thing for me to do for personal reasons, but in a way a little forgiving. I'm going to ponder on that today.

I was the coordinator for our MOPS group for two years. I loved MOPS.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love this post...and I love the one yesterday too. Thanks for sharing your vulnerability, and thanks for reminding me of my need for that tender place.

Karen said...

YES YES YES!!
This is one of the many resons that we are best friends. When all else falls away, we are simply His!
I love this side of you and am glad you share it here where others can gain from you too.

Karen said...

sorry- reAsons- I do know how to spell!