Sunday, April 27, 2008

And In No Particular Order, Part 5


Alright, I saved the, um, the,well, the showstopper for last!

Abigail Evelina

Abigail was created by God to shine in the public eye. Being 5, she doesn't see this yet, but it is soooooooo true. She has a keen fashion sense that only rarely needs fine tuning before I let her out the door. She can sing. Man, can she sing! I think she gets that from me. When I was her age (actually I think I was a bit younger) I was singing solos and duets in our tiny country church. And she can dance. She definitely does not get that from me. She has been able to move her body and not look goofy or suggestive since she was about 2 1/2. Seriously. She took a combined ballet tap class last year, and even though she danced ballet like a 4 year old, she remembered the basic choreography for the show right away. She made some good friends in dance class, too. Next year if they have a class that we can fit into our schedule, she wants to take tap only. Fine with me. I think tap is so cool.

Abigail is almost 6 years old. She is in Kindergarten this year. She has learned to read a little already. I checked her in a book that she has never read before and she was able to sound out the whole thing. She is friends with her teacher's son at school. They are both very precocious and outgoing so I'm sure it is a perfect match as far as friendships go because he won't let her push him around.

Abigail tends to be a lion. You know, lion, otter, golden retriever, beaver. She thinks that we need her permission to live at her house! But, she is a natural born leader. Being a lion I can see good and bad qualities in her. She is a VERY powerful little girl. I hope that as she grows she can channel her natural ability to lead into something positive. I hope that we have the wisdom to shepherd her and not allow her to become a "Mean Girl."

Things I love about Abigail:


  • She is exceedingly beautiful, but she doesn't know it yet.

  • She will be a leader in her life, not a follower. I hope this saves her from much heartache and poor choices.

  • She has no sense of embarrassment when she is performing.

  • She is secure in her place in this world.

Somebody help me out here. I turned the video in my photo software and it still published sideways. What's the trick?

2 comments:

Kathi said...

What a beautiful little girl. She will do great things for Jesus. It's wonderful that you encourage her to get up in front and be herself.

I don't know about the video clip. I am not sure how to make it upright. Happy Sunday.

Kathi

Debbie said...

What a sweet sweet way to honor your daughter. I have loved reading about all of your kids...each of them is so unique and perfect in their own way. Love it.