Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

MOST of the time I steer clear of airing my political/social views.  Not that you all don't know that I am uber-right wing, just that I usually reserve this space for the cute stuff my kids do.
Well, once in a while my childerns' cuteness and politics come together.


Anchor babies.  Babies- usually Mexican- that are born to illegal imigrants in the US.  Anchor babies are US citizens, and the parents are not deported because the child cannot be deported.

"Mom, you know Anchor Babies?"
"Yeah...."
"I have a plan.  You wanna hear it?"
"OK."
"Since anchor babies are US citizens, they should still deport the parents.  The citizen child can be taken with them without losing thier citizenship, and they could come back at any time that the parents could make arrangements for them to stay with a friend or relative.  Or the child could be surrendered to the foster care system.  When the child turns 18 they are free to live in the US alone and if they are in Mexico, they are welcome to come back to live.
"Don't you think that would cut way back on anchor babies?"
"I think that may just do the job, son."


Folks, if an 11 year old can figure out a solution to the problem of Anchor Babies, why can't government? 


7 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

One smart 11 year old, in fact smarter than the grannie. It has been pointed out to her that Robin Williams DID NOT make the comments on gramma's blog. She still thinks it is good fodder though.
Maybe the 11 year old really thunked it up.

Lee Ann said...

Brilliant!!!!!

Britt said...

Dude .. I wanna recast my vote for President and elect your lil guy.

He's got one sound noggin' on his shoulders. And it's pretty evident where he gets that from. =-)

Unknown said...

I'm going to be looking for a Vice PResident in 2012... think I could talk him into it?

Gramma 2 Many said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gramma 2 Many said...

Yeah Jesse for VP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lula! said...

Sniff-sniff...

So proud I "know" him. I love him. GENIUS, I tell you.