Friday, March 13, 2009

Tantrum? Really?

So, my 11 year old is feeling a little whiny today.
And he wants me to do his work.
And he keeps coming to me.
And snipping and mumbling when I don't give him the answer he wants.
Particularly about this one handout that called for drawings.
Which I admit- He sucks at drawing.

I was on the computer and he wanted it to do some school work.
When I asked him what he was working on he said, "I'm still working on the one I threw a fit over."
*SNORT!*

Did he just admit that he was throwing a fit?!

Here's the thing, though;
There are many times when I find myself being snippy and irrational.  I know when I'm doing it and I just can't stop.  Why is it all to easy to throw a fit?

He didn't get in trouble.

2 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

so glad you can recognize it:)

Lee Ann said...

Same here! It's not like I don't know I'm in a funk/bad mood. It's just hard to come out of it.

At least he's realizing it at a young age :-)