Monday, March 23, 2009

That Certain Twinkle

There's this impish look that Abigail gets when she's about to say something mildly naughty. Something she knows she won't get in trouble for. Something irreverent.
We like to let the kids pray for dinner if they ask. Some do all the time, some do some of the time, and some don't ask. Jonah is an always asker. He asked and we let him pray for dinner. Abigail is a sometimes asker. She asked when Jonah was done so we held hands and closed our eyes again while she prayed. Something sweet, and childish. Something that ended with, "In Jesus' name, Amen."
Then I looked up at her. And she had the look. And she asked me, "Mom, is Jesus' name really Amen?"
And I laughed. And there was apple juice in my mouth already.

9 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

Snort!!

Lee Ann said...

Hilarious! Hope it didn't come out your nose.

Britt said...

Gotta love those peeks into their heads, huh? =-)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Madalyn always asks to pray. And then that is quickly filled with several minutes of silence. And then she says she can't think of anything. I try to get her to do the good ol standard of "God is good..." but she doesn't like that one. And then our food gets cold :-)

Elena said...

LOLLLL!!! Can't you just imagine the big grin on His face as he hears these children pray?

Heather said...

That is CLASSIC!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! (And I hope apple juice did come out your nose - hee hee)

Lula! said...

Best funny I've read all week...truly!

Crystal Rae said...

OMgoodness that is so funny!