Thursday, November 1, 2007

A New Page

I just turned the page on my calendar, and guess what I saw?

Nothing.

A whole page of nothing. I quickly flipped back to October and reviewed the month and turned again to November. Nothing. I sighed. Part of that was a sigh of releif. Here was a full month with nothing messing it up. No blotches and smears of ink, no demands on my time, nobody needeing or wanting anything from me. Nothing. Another part of that sigh was the realization that I had better get out my ink pen and fill in those important dates that I have in my head but haven't written down yet. And lastly it was a sigh that this crazy, busy, hectic life may not have been what I would have chosen if I were Supreme Planner of the World, but it is exactly what the Lord has seen fit to give me and I know that he will give me the grace to endure and thrive each day.

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him."
Lamentations 3:23

No comments: