Friday, November 9, 2007

The Diaper Pail

I was cleaning my boys' room today, looking for things I could get rid of and my eye fell on the diaper pail. Actually it has been a good solid month since I put anything into it. Then I realized that we dont even have any diapers in the house except for a few stray swim diapers (all new, by the way). I stood contemplating this a little while and my eyes wandered to the dresser top where a lonely and underutilized changing pad lays. I guess I have a couple of things to get rid of.

Do you think I would feel a little nostalgic that my baby's "baby days" are over?

Nah! This has been a 10 year journey for me since the birth of my first child. I have often had two in diapers, for a while there were three! Miss these days? Never!

I'm going to pack up these last vestiges of toddlerhood and send them the way of the crib, bottles, booties, creepers, and pacis. RIGHT OUT THE DOOR!

Then after everyone is asleep tonight I think I'll have a grown- up party all by myself!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Invite me, Invite me!! I like grown-up parties..............

Gina said...

I may not have the right kind of Pepsi....

Karen said...

Never say never!!! But i'm sure by the time you start missing the baby days, you'll have grandchildren at your doorstep!