Monday, December 31, 2007

WHO KNEW???

All it was going to take was a new set of sponges to turn 4/5ths of my brood into cleaning machines!?
One of my offspring woke up in a particularly industrious mood today and promptly made her bed, picked up her dirty laundry, and swept her bedroom floor. Then she asked for a sponge. Unfortunately I didn't have a clean one for her, but I did promise to buy her one when we went out to run errands. Seemed like a win-win proposition to me. At the store I sprung for the 4 pack with cool and funky designs on them. Each of the bigger kids immediately dubbed one as "mine" and set to work washing something in the kitchen. I left the room to work on a different project.
As soon as I left they started plotting a surprise for me at the tops of their lungs. I guess out of sight really is out of mind. Anyway, they are in the kitchen with a bucket of hot water scrubbing the floor on their hands and knees. Mind you, they are singing "It's the Hard Knock Life" from the 80's version of Annie!
I think it was a good deal on sponges. I paid $3.59 and I get a clean kitchen floor out of the deal!
I wonder how long until they start arguing about who has done more???

No comments: