Friday, December 14, 2007

About Shoes

I babysat last night for my friend Karen. She and her husband went to his Christmas party right here in our little podunk town. You have to know that with 5 kids of my own I choose not to babysit unless that person is very special to me. Anyway, with my children plus her 4 we had 9 children at our table last night. What a crowd!!

When they got here I was in my office processing payroll, so I didn't hear them come in. When I came out of my office they had already kicked off their shoes and dumped their coats on the floor.

We had an uneventful night with the exception of one set of 3 year old fingers pinched on the hinge side of the bathroom door.
When Karen came to get her kids I got my first look at her for the evening. What a babe! Red dress, CFMP's (If you have to ask, you don't want to know!), nice hair....



As the kids came down from the playroom she told them to get their shoes on and get in the car. The "baby" was last. She came down and followed the shoe command. At this point I took one look and burst out laughing. Apparently, she, like my "baby" likes to kick her shoes off while riding in her car seat. She must have quite a collection in there. Karen says she put her in the car barefoot and told her to put some shoes on. She did....

No comments: