Friday, August 29, 2008

Being Famous Gives Me A Migraine

Actually I have been getting them off and on since I was about 13. They are not connected to my female cycle. My triggers are lack of sleep, sleeping away from home, not eating, changes in my birth control, and apparently, being famous.


After all that Blog Around The World Fame I was a little sleep deprived. Then I went to Seattle yesterday to do something unique. I got to be in the audience for NorthWest Afternoon. It's local afternoon gossip show. It was the last live audience for Cind Rinehart's Scoop on the Soaps. Big. Stinkin. Woopdi. Doo. You would have to care about Cindi Rinehart or Soaps to be even a little excited. I don't. I know, you're asking yourself why I even went.


When we lived in Georgia we made friends with the family downstairs. They had a 14 year old daughter, a 10 year old son, a 5 year old daughter and the mom was pregnant. Well, that punk-assed 10 year old bugged the heck out of me! I used to stand it just long enough and then I would drop him to the ground. Slowly we became more evenly matched, and then one day he dropped me to the ground. That was the last time I tried to assert myself.


So, Punk ass 10 year old is about 28 years old now. He grew up to be a real nice guy (probably because I kept him in his place for so long), a great dad, and a good family friend to my husband and I.


Karim (aka Punk Ass) did a little prerecorded spot on NorthWest afternoon, so he invited me to be in the audience. From 1-3:30. That meant that my day was: eat breakfast, do morning chores, take the kids to the school for the Meet and Greet/ Walk through, dash to meet my mom, and then run down to Seattle. I was SO hungry by the time I got out of there. I left Seattle immediately so I would miss the traffic, and by the traffic reports it sounds like I was just ahead of the mess.


I grabbed some AppleBee's Carside To Go, but I think it was too little, too late. By the time I got to my mom's my head was hammering. I laid down and dozed a little, got up, felt like I would puke, laid down a little more, tried getting up again, and then just laid down and admitted defeat. I couldn't even respond when my kids told me that they saw me on TV 3 WHOLE TIMES! I finally asked my mom and dad to take us home.


So, I have decided that being famous gives me migraines!

4 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I have never been famous. Perhaps that is why I've never had a migraine. Hope you are feeling better...

Unknown said...

OH my. Next time please eat - eat! Take good care of yourself.

Kris said...

Lots of things you say, make me wonder if you are diabetic too. Have you checked?

Debbie said...

I've been getting migraines since I was 13 as well! When I worked full time I got them alot because of stress and holding my emotions in. Now I get them less frequently. But it is usually when I am upset about something.