Monday, January 19, 2009

You Better Promise Me I'll Be Back In Time




We introduced our children to the genius that is Back To The Future this weekend. All three of them. Back to back. I seriously cannot remember the last time I saw any of these movies, but surprisingly, I could quote a whole bunch of the lines.
Now it's time for my disclaimer before I start getting "Bad Mother Mail"
**I did not remember so much swearing. Honest. And the second movie is the worst. But we are clear with our children about what words are acceptable, which ones are borderline-and-you-better-be-making-a-good-point, and which are forbidden-and-you-better-have-a-true-emergency-because-you-have-my-full-attention-now. And we have drilled into their heads that even if they hear a word, they are not at liberty to repeat it. Besides, they go to public school....

Anyway, we loved the movies, and the kids loved the marathon. And the fact that I learned how to make kettle corn.

4 comments:

Bramblemoon Farm said...

This happens to us ALL the time! The first I remembered was my husband wanting the kids to watch Bad News Bears-- Oh my, swearing and inappropriate like I couldn't believe! We figured out that older movies were before they had PG13, so they might say PG, but actually NOW would be PG13. My son just told me too, that they can say the F word twice in PG13 movies. What the heck is up with that? Ghostbusters had some stuff too I didn't remember. BAHAHAHA See, it's not just you:)

I Love Purple More Than You said...

I think I vaguely remember my mom being upset at the second one when I watched it. :)

Lula! said...

I've never seen the 3rd one...you must fill me in!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

We have this thing on our dvd player called TVGuardian. You can set it at high, med, low and it bleeps at all the bad words. High bleeps out things like butt, low catches on the really bad words.

Anyway, I bet my kids would love these movies...I know I sure did!