Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eating Our Way Through Seattle

The weekend after New Year's we decided to go to Seattle on a whim.
Abigail was our official photographer, although, I took some of the pictures, too.


We started at a small bakery near here.
Where they didn't have a public potty.
So I had to walk through the public market.
Which was crowded.
And I hate crowds.
And when I did find it, it was icky.
But we got back and had some GREAT bread and yummy, delicate cookies.
Then we walked through the market.

We went to the place where they throw fish.
My kids were rather amazed.
I have no idea what that nasty looking bugger is, but it was not something we saw flying through the air.


This pig's name is Rosey.
She's a piggy bank that has a bill slot.
They use the money for general market upkeep.
Do you know how I know?
I read it in a Boxcar Children Mystery.
Book #111, The Seattle Puzzle.
Oh, yes I did.


We went to a yummy Italian gellateria.
The kids and Sebastian hed gellato.
It was 37* outside.
I just couldn't have gellato.
Besides, I don't really care for icecream.
I settled for a really good latte and a biscotti.

We went to some other places and ended up in China Town for dinner.

Basically, we ate our way through Seattle.

6 comments:

Julie said...

I think eating your way through a place is a grand idea :)

Bramblemoon Farm said...

What fun! Do the kids all like Chinese food? I'm with you on the latte and biscotti instead of gellato. It's just too cold! I love the pig:)but the fish creeps me out!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I want to eat my way across a city...

Okay...your word verification is mocking me. I have had to click submit twice...even though the word veri wasn't actually there.

And now it says "fulhardy"

I Love Purple More Than You said...

What a cool thing to do! I've been trying to eat my way through Los Angeles for the past 12 years. :) And that is one nasty bugger.

Elena said...

Okay, that fish thing looks like the loch ness monsters off spring. What the heck was that?! And eating my way through a city is my FAVORITE thing to do.

Lula! said...

GINA--I so want to go to the Market in Seattle. I do. Go back and eat more for me, please.