- Can I be truly unhappy today, while you are truly happy, and we can still be friends and laugh together.
- Can a country switch directions as easily as placing your hand on a Bible.
- Can I go to sleep in peace tonight- even though I am a staunch supporter of the opposition.
- Can I rest assured that in 4 years we can choose to do this again, or we can choose to do it right. (Yes, I'm flying my right flappin' redneck flag again.)
- Can I calmly refer to the man who was not my choice as Mr. President, because he deserves my respect.
- Can a race of people who were held down and counted as less than human watch with pride as one of their own takes the highest office in the country.
Yes, I cried. Yes, I probably won't agree with much he says or does. He is, however, my president for the next 4 years. And I am still proud to be an American.