Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Only In America

  • Can I be truly unhappy today, while you are truly happy, and we can still be friends and laugh together.
  • Can a country switch directions as easily as placing your hand on a Bible.
  • Can I go to sleep in peace tonight- even though I am a staunch supporter of the opposition.
  • Can I rest assured that in 4 years we can choose to do this again, or we can choose to do it right. (Yes, I'm flying my right flappin' redneck flag again.)
  • Can I calmly refer to the man who was not my choice as Mr. President, because he deserves my respect.
  • Can a race of people who were held down and counted as less than human watch with pride as one of their own takes the highest office in the country.

Yes, I cried. Yes, I probably won't agree with much he says or does. He is, however, my president for the next 4 years. And I am still proud to be an American.

7 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Beautifully written!

Homestay Mama said...

Well said, Gina!

Cookie said...

Don't worry! I'm here for ya my redneck sista

Lula! said...

Loved this, Gina...

And still I say, "Maranatha!"

Unknown said...

Amen Girlfriend!!!

Trish said...

Very well said Gina.

I completely agree.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Ditto. Well, except I'm still in denial. Hmmm...guess I'll have to face it sooner or later. I do hope things go well though.