Thursday, September 17, 2009

Could Somebody Please Move This Elephant Off My Foot?

Stuck. Can't move forward, can't move backward, not even sideways- And it just stinks!

That's what I have been feeling. A dark cloud hanging ominously over my head. That stupid elephant standing on my foot. My mind has been stuck for the last forever on the STUPIDEST thing. My taxes.

I am such a January filer. I have been forever. I like to box up the year and put it away. Start over with empty file drawers. A clean slate. No more last year.

This year? Not so much. I like QuickBooks. I loved 2005. I was forced to upgrade in 2008. I don't love it. And I have a sneaking suspicion that in the upgrade was a tweak. A tweak that led to me doing something wrong all year. That pesky little Profit and Loss balance sheet? All messed up. I couldn't for the life of me figure that scoundrel out. I puzzled over it for 6 months! 6 months, I tell you! Well, it is still not fixed, but the problem is in much more QB proficient hands than mine. I did go a "back door" route to getting my taxes finished. They are mailed now.

My mind is freed up to move on to other things on the list.

So, if you see that elephant, tell him to keep his big, heavy, stinky self away from me. I have other things to think about!

No comments: