Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To The Good People At Target


I know you had a million other things to do yesterday, so I want to thank you for dropping everything and looking for my cute purse. It really is cute, too. It is straw-y and is all the colors of Rainbow Sherbet. Anyway, you all went over the top to make sure I was once again reunited with my cute little "ice cream" purse with my driver's license, debit card, check book and gas credit card inside. I really do appreciate the concern that went into trying to locate it. I'm sure I looked stricken when I didn't find it in your store. On my way out to re-check my van I even looked in your garbage cans in the front. No dice.
Lucky for me, I always stuff my car keys and cell phone in my pocket. That's how I happened to have them when a slow dawning began in my brain. I'm talking about the realization that I had brought my purse into the house to give someone a check in the morning, and quite possibly, my sherbet cuteness was there even now. Thank you for waiting patiently while I called the neighbor girl to check. Thank you for not hating me when she called back to say it was there. I know you all talked about me for the rest of the day in the break room, but I am ok with that. At least you were nice to me to my face in my time of duress.
Anyway, thanks for trying to process my order with my alternate check book- which I happened to find under the seat of my car- and no ID. I know it is not your fault that the system rejected my check. I really think your system has a space cadet sensor... Thank you for suspending my transaction and getting it all finished for me when I returned an hour later with said yummy cuteness.
It is really good to know that you all are on top of things.
Sincerely,
The crazy lady with 4 kids, 4 pairs of shoes, various socks and underwear, and a stack of Sterilite bins

P.S. My husband couldn't believe I went back to the same Target. He said he would have gone to the other one and re-shopped. Clearly he has never shopped with our children.

7 comments:

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

LOL! Oh man. This is great! Yeah, these types of things seem to continually happen to me. It's always nice when they are so sincere and helpful. I have no doubt they make fun after I leave, though. And that's one of the best reasons for me to use cash for my purchases (so they don't have my name on file). LOL!!!

Have a great day!

Anyway, just a thought said...

Must have been in the air - I labeled yesterday "The Day That Just Keeps Getting Better." Hee hee

I have to say - I kind of agree with Sebastian. Actually, I probably would have tried to get John to go back on his way home & pick up my order. :o)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

That so sounds like something I would do. I cannot keep track of my purse. Or my keys. Or my cell. I have way too many calls to my cell to figure out where it is...

Katidids said...

That is to funny...I did that grocery shopping...we had 12 kids living with us at the time, I shopped once a month..6 carts of grocerys....all rang up & no check book! I could have crawled under a rock! Good thing we lived less than 2 miles away. The manager knew us and just followed us home for the check.

Lee Ann said...

So funny! We've all been there. I checked out a LOT of groceries the other day....only to realize the wallet from my purse must be in the car. And people had to wait....while I ran to the car, with only two children, to dig around and look for my wallet. So glad they were nice to you!

Frizzy said...

Oh my! Here I thought my trip to the river with 3 kids was an adventure. What a day you had. I hope you found a way to relax and laugh at yourself when it was all said and done. Gotta love those "Mom Moments."

imbeingheldhostage said...

This was hilarious... and a little too close to describing a typical day in our house.
(I hopped over here from Julie's place out of curiosity) :-)