Sunday, December 5, 2010

Candy Land, Part 3

The Craft
The kids made little "candy machines" to take home.
I had the kids sit and paint the little pots and a small, wooden wheel red as they came in.
I had a parent add a "door" and "coin slot" once the red paint was dry.
After cake, and before parents came to pick the kids up, I had the kids pull the top off a clear, plastic ornament and fill it with Skittles. Then we put the top back on th ornament and glued it upside down into the pot, adding the wheel to the top.

This is what we ended up with as a tke home from the party.

I took my inspiration from this post that I found through my bloggy friend, Merideth.

1 comment:

Frizzy said...

I love this idea. Will you be using all of these things for a gingerbread party too? You ought to make use of it all.